Looking for a good pancake recipe to enjoy with those delicious Brookside Farms blueberries? Here is a yummy recipe to add to your favorites. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 220 ml (1 scant* cup) buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 190g (scant 1 1/3 cups) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Fritz’s blueberries
*scant means “just slightly less than”
- Separate two eggs — yolks in one bowl, whites in another.
- Add buttermilk to the yolks.
- Then the melted butter.
- Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer, whip the egg to hold soft peaks.
- Soft peaks look like this.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Stir lightly until they’re just conbined – some lumps are OK.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Use a rubber spatula to cut through the mixtures and gently turn them over onto each other, scraping the batter off the bottom, bringing it to to the top, and turning the bowl as you go, until the fluffy whites are just combined. Be gentle — the idea here is that you don’t want to deflate the egg whites you just whipped.
- Be careful to fold gently so the egg whites don’t deflate — it’s ok if some of them aren’t totally mixed it.
- Put some butter on a heavy skillet.
- Once it’s medium warm, add heaping spoonfuls of batter to the skillet in the size you’d like you pancakes.
- Pancakes are ready to flip once a few bubbles show up on top, and the surface starts to appear dull. but just before you flip, sprinkle on a few blueberries (if frozen, sprinkle on a littel sooner).
- Flip with confidence!
- If you want to make the blueberry maple syrup as well, you will need:
Blueberry Maple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
Blueberry Maple Syrup Instructions:
- Put the syrup and blueberries into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Let bubble for 2 to 3 minutes, and then pour into a jug or syrup carafe and bring to the breakfast table (or supper table) with the pancakes.