If you like green beans, you are going to love this recipe! We have kicked it up a notch with a tasty cream sauce, swiss cheese, and loads of flavor. This is a traditional side on our Thanksgiving table that we cannot have Thanksgiving without. We hope you enjoy green bean supreme as much as we do!
- 6 cans french style green beans
- 32 oz sliced swiss cheese
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups cornflakes (crushed)
- Melt 1 stick butter in saucepan at a medium to low heat. Add milk. Once warm, stir in flour to thicken. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add onions and sour cream then remove from heat.
- Drain green beans. Put two cans of beans in a 9 x 13 pan and cover with 1/3 cream sauce. Add a layer of swiss cheese. Repeat this layering process two more times.
- Melt 1 stick butter and add to corn flake crumbs. Spread this mixture over the beans and cheese.
- Bakes for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly.
For help with your Thanksgiving Baking needs, please see our special at www.brooksidefarmsmi.com/holidays.